The Asian and Pacific Association for Social Work Education (APASWE) *Please click here
Submissions may cover conceptual, theoretical, and empirical
investigations that align with the conference theme. Abstracts and papers that
address, but not limited to, the following conference sub-themes are invited:
- Social and economic liberalization
- Urbanism and transition
- Social disparities and inequalities
- Poverty and vulnerability
- Environmental security
- At-risk groups and social work responses
- Human security discourses
- Lessons learned from the regions
General Procedure for Submission and Presentation
- Interested authors submit their abstracts to the scientific committee before June 30, 2015.
- The committee assesses the abstracts and notifies the results by e-mail by July 31, 2015.
- To be qualified for paper presentation, authors of accepted abstracts are required to register to the conference.
- If interested in submitting full papers for publication, registered authors, then, develop articles based on their successful abstracts and propose them to the scientific committee before September 30, 2015.
- Every registered participant receives a book of abstracts and registered authors with successful abstracts present their papers on the conference days.
- The scientific committee conducts the first round of blind peer review and notifies the results by e-mail by October 31, 2015.
- Registered authors whose papers satisfy the first round requirements revise their works according to the reviewers’ suggestions and resubmit them for the second round review by November 30, 2015.
- The scientific committee notifies the results of the second round assessment by December 31, 2015 and publishes only the accepted full papers on the electronic conference proceedings.
- The submission must be in a single text file in MS Word (Versions 1997-2003).
- The file name and on every page of the abstract must not show the author’s name and affiliation. The author is asked to type his/her name, e-mail address, a relevant sub-theme in consonance with the central theme of the conference, type of presentation (an oral or a poster presentation), and affiliation on another separate page.
- Prepare the abstract in A4 format and single column layout.
- Use the 12 pt. Time New Roman font throughout the text, 0 pt. for both before and after the paragraph, and single line spacing.
- Type the abstract title in 14 pt. Time New Roman boldface font. The full title of the paper is shown in the center at the beginning of the abstract.
- Margins: top and left = 1.5 inches (or 3.8 cm), bottom and right = 1 inch (or 2.54 cm)
- The abstract does not have any headings or sub-headings and contains no figures, tables, diagrams, and references.
- The abstract must be written in grammatically correct English.
- The abstract must be clear, concise, and describe only key issues or important ideas.
- The maximum length must not exceed 500 words.
- Submit your abstract online by June 30, 2015.
Only the registered authors with successful abstracts will qualify for submitting a full paper.
- Articles will not exceed 5 pages in length including abstracts, tables, figures, and references.
- Qualified authors can study the conference’s paper style from the Word template available on this webpage. After having gone through the style instruction, qualified authors can make use of the template in preparing their papers.
- Procedure There will be two rounds of paper assessment. First, reviewers decide whether to accept or to reject the submitted papers and under what conditions. The scientific committee will notify qualified authors of their paper acceptance including reviewers’ comments and suggestions. In the second round, reviewers will evaluate whether the corrections or adjustments of the papers satisfy their comments and suggestions or not.
- Criteria Submitted papers must not merely be a research summary. They should be written in an article format. Plagiarism is the main concern of assessment. Other academic criteria include conceptual clarity, logical analysis, valid methodology, organization and readability in the presentation, and originality. Apart from the academic requirements, the scientific committee also takes into account the following criteria:
- Conformity to the conference’s paper style
- Maximum length of not more than 5 pages
- Punctuality of submission
- Grammatically correct written English
The scientific committee will publish all the accepted full papers in the conference electronic proceedings. The proceedings will be available for downloading on this conference webpage approximately 6 months after the termination of the conference.
Every registered author whose abstract is accepted will have not more than 15 minutes for his/her presentation. Presenters may prepare presentation in the Power Point Program (Microsoft Office 2007 or a later edition). They should pre-check the presentation slides approximately 15 minutes before the session begins.
Submission of Abstracts
Authors can submit their abstracts online.
Submission of Full Papers
All submissions must be sent to this email address: email@example.com
As poster printing services will not be available, presenters need to bring their own printed posters to the conference. Every presenter will be provided with only one side of the portrait-style presentation board with the same assigned number as the abstract. The dimension for the entire poster should not be larger than 90 cm width by 120 cm height (portrait style). Presenters are requested to fix their posters to the boards with the supplied double-sided tape by themselves. Presenters should design attractive posters which show the highlights or main findings of their researches. The title, the author, the text and illustrations should be easily readable from 2 meters away. The poster boards will remain in the display area until the final day of the conference. However, the authors are responsible for presenting their posters only during the presentation period which will happen in the foyer of the conference venue.
- Abstract submission: June 30, 2015
- Notification of abstract acceptance: July 31, 2015
- Full paper submission: September 30, 2015
- Availability of the proceedings on the webpage: Approximately 6 months after the termination of the conference